All About Variable Speed Compressors
When it comes to your home’s heating and cooling system, you can trust us to recommend the best units for your individual needs. Variable Speed Compressors are a great technology because they keep your home cool and comfortable in the summer and can even regulate your home’s humidity, making them the most efficient choice on the market.
AccuComfort™ Compressors avoid the peaks and valleys of conventional systems by varying its output in 1/10 of 1% increments in order to stay within a 1/2 degree of its set temperature. The result is ultimate comfort and a quietly powerful way to satisfy your idea of home sweet home.
The Department of Energy states that over half of energy usage in homes is attributed towards heating and cooling the home. Variable speed compressors greatly reduce your home’s energy consumption by not cycling off completely but instead keeping the temperature within one degree of your desired temperature.
Since the system doesn’t completely power off and then back on, your home stays more comfortable and your energy bills get lower. From the graphic below, you can see that it takes more than 8X the energy for a system to start and stop. Most systems can start/ stop up to 72 times per day during the hottest Florida days. That’s a lot of wasted energy!
See the graphic below for a great description of how these systems work:
We’ve outlined some of the features of these great systems below.
AccuComfort™ Variable Speed Platinum 20 Compressor Features:
- Equipped with AccuComfort Technology, our most efficient system available with built-in intelligence to ensure maximum efficiency and comfort.
- Automatically communicates and coordinates with your other system components via the AccuLink Communicating System
- Charge Assist charging simplifies service and improves system refrigerant charge accuracy
- Saves up to 60 percent on your cooling energy usage while reducing greenhouse gas emissions by being one of the most efficient in the industry, significantly surpassing government efficiency standards
- AccuComfort technology that allows the multi-stage heating and cooling system to consistently adjust to run at a more efficient speed.
- Keeps temperature even from room to room with its quiet, variable-speed fan motor
- Cools with an environmentally friendly refrigerant that’s ozone-safe
- Leaves you feeling cooler and more comfortable by removing unwanted humidity from the air
- Provides more efficient and reliable cooling, thanks to a durable Spine Fin coil and AccuComfort compressors
- Rust-resistant coating, screws, and basepan protect the system from the elements
To learn more about Variable Speed Compressors, please visit: https://gulfshoreair.com/trusted-products/ac-units-heat-pumps/
Gulfshore Air is Northwest Florida’s trusted HVAC dealer. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have, and make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.
Gulfshore Air is a licensed and insured HVAC Contractor located in Niceville, FL. With over 150 combined experience in the HVAC industry, we can serve all your heating and cooling needs.